[Clayart] Costs & Business

Paul Gerhold gerholdclay at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 07:15:26 EDT 2017

Well My wife and I and most of our potter friends made a full time living doing art fairs. For us art fairs worked perfectly well for twenty plus years and I know several potters who made a living at shows for much longer.  Now admittedly we were selling one of a kind high end work so I cannot comment on the experiences of functional potters.

From people I know who are still doing shows it is much less rewarding to do shows now but that seems to be part of the general trend of less interest in owning original work among the public.

Sent from my iPad