[Clayart] levels of buyers

Paul Gerhold gerholdclay at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 21:54:54 EDT 2017

It used to be that I could go to the top art shows and find the same class of buyer that bought at the big galleries out looking for something new and interesting that not just everyone could purchase by just going into a big city art gallery .  Not only would I make the extra 40-50% but I met and made a contact and found a long term client.  Cannot begin to tell you how many pieces we delivered to multimillion dollars condos and homes and how many of the people we met became friends and repeat clients.

The last few years we did shows that level of client became increasingly scarce.  If I go back to producing on spec I will probably have to go the gallery route although from my contacts the top crafts galleries are struggling now as well.

Paul

Sent from my iPad