[Clayart] Fairs

Paul Lewing pjlewing at comcast.net
Mon Jul 31 23:57:49 EDT 2017

I was at our biggest local art fair all weekend, so I couldn’t comment on this topic but it was interesting.  What was really amazing was that i had the best sale I’ve had in many years and if you don’t adjust for inflation, the best sale I’ve ever had, either at an art fair or in my won studio.  However, I was selling paintings not pots.  But it was still about 4 times as good as the same fair when I did it with paintings two years ago.  However, adjusted for inflation, I’ve never topped this same fair from 1978.  We took all the money from that fair and paid about half on a new Honda Civic.  I don’t think many potters do that at that fair these days.

Paul Lewing
www.paullewingtile.com <http://www.paullewingtile.com/>
www.paullewingart.com <http://www.paullewingart.com/>