[Clayart] engobe

David Woof woofpots at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 4 20:41:28 EDT 2018

Credit goes to Ron Meyers White Slip.  Works as Engobe also; with colored stains added.
I have fired this many times over the last 10 years. Every where from  04 to large cone 9/10 on all stages from fresh off the wheel, leather hard, bone dry, and after 010 bisque.

Takes stains well.  Takes oxide stain brush drawings, and when dry on bisque ware, graphite layout sketching.

 EPK 34,***

Pot Feldspar 27,***

Ball 20, ***

Silica 19, ***

Zircopax  8.0,  ***

Soda Ash 0.25***

Sodium Silicate 0.25***

*** (OR Darvan 0.5 in substitution for Soda Ash and Sodium Silicate.)

I use Darvan since Glass Magic Hard Water Treatment went off market.

David Woof