[Clayart] controllers/safety

Paul Gerhold gerholdclay at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 12:10:21 EDT 2018

It would seem there are two possible reasons why anyone would actually need a computer controlled kiln. One of course would be the ability to change settings without having to be present. And the other would be if you are firing a very finicky glaze that needs really precise temperature control during downfiring.

Given all the electrical issues that occur with a manual kiln  it would seem the added expense and issues of an electronic controller would prevent most people from going the electronic controller route.

And I would think that Kiln manufacturers would know exactly what the recommended operating temperatures for their kiln components are.

Paul