[Clayart] Fixing spray guns

Vince Pitelka vpitelka at dtccom.net
Thu Oct 25 19:13:56 EDT 2018

Hi Bob -
Glaze materials are very abrasive and very hard on spray guns.  Over time they enlarge the nozzle orifice and reduce the needle size and shape, which causes the gun to sputter and spit, and they wear out the seals on the needle, which causes the gun to leak and drip glaze on you and your wares.  As inexpensive as those guns are, I have never felt it worthwhile to repair them.  When they start malfunctioning, I recycle whatever parts I can and toss the rest.
- Vince

Vince Pitelka
Retired Faculty, Appalachian Center for Craft
School of Art, Craft & Design, Tennessee Tech University
Now residing Chapel Hill, NC 27516
vpitelka at dtccom.net
sites.tntech.edu/wpitelka/