[Clayart] kiln rust

Lou Roess louroess2210 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 31 14:02:46 EDT 2018

 Does anyone have any suggestions for dealing with rust under the metal covering the kiln?  Eat apparently flies around inside the kiln during firing and shows up as black spots on the finished pieces.  If I tap gently on the outside the rust falls onto the floor. There always seems to be more of it. I have vacuumed the inside and the elements don’t seem to be rusty. Was thinking about trying to inject a liquid rust stabilizer between the metal and the firebrick. Any ideas on what brand to use? Any thoughts, suggestions or reports of similar problems would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Lou in Colorado