[Clayart] Chinese "raku"

Robert Harris robertgharris at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 19:45:38 EDT 2019

I have to admit, I thought the water was coloured because it had absorbed
stuff from the glaze (i.e. not stable very stable or so high in iron that
the oxide was coming off into the water) vs being that colour originally.

I also thought that the point might be to "fix" the oil spots before they
re-oxidised, or something similar.

On the topic of oil spots, I found this pretty interesting video a while
back, might be worth sharing too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6Knf7H_FwY