[Clayart] Dust-free temmoku

Jeff Lawrence jefflawr at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 11:52:32 EDT 2019

Hi,
I am plagued by too much teadust, in my temmoku and even in other,
putatively glossy, glazes. The problem gets worse when I slow cool, but
exists even without fire-down shenanigans.
I'm going to mix up some tests that minimize Mg in hopes of starving
nascent pyroxenes of that ingredient, but can't put my ideas to trial by
fire for a few days. In the meantime, I'd appreciate any experience and/or
thought experiments from clayart about what conduces to or inhibits teadust
formation.
Thanks in advance
Jeff
Jeff Lawrence