[Clayart] Of bisque firing and breakage

Deb Thuman debthuman at zianet.com
Mon Jul 29 14:17:24 EDT 2019

Bisque firing to ^08..... Don’t fix what ain’t broken. But I wonder.....I’ve been taught that a part of bisque firing is getting the organic stuff out of the clay and that can only be done at ^03. Anyone have better information?

Breakage....we’ve now lived in our house for 17.5 years.....which means the refrigerator is getting ready to die. The dishwasher died and got replaced. The  microwave is starting to limp. While it’s nice to move into a house with all new appliances....it’s not my idea of fun for every appliance to die at once.

Deb Thuman
Deb Thuman Art
Www.debthumanart.com