[Clayart] rox, no shivering.

mel jacobson melpots at mail.com
Mon Feb 3 22:14:45 EST 2020

i measure my glazes by weight.  very carefully.
i only use this glaze on mel6, and fire almost always
to a perfect cone 7, with a one hour down fire at
about 1850F.

i have not lost a pot with this combination.
ron sent me this glaze a number of years ago to use
as a pure white, with a jet black.  electric fired.
it has never shivered.
i use custer spar all the time.

when i send glazes it is assumed that no glaze fits all.
no glaze is just perfect because it is written on a piece of
paper. it all depends.
clay body is always number one.
fit, timing, thickness. and, what do you consider cone 6. almost bending,
flat over and melted?   people have strange ideas.

most of my glazes are measured in pounds. i convert from grams.
i have a really nice large food measuring scale.
and i have tested this glaze carefully...and it fits mel6
like a glove. and, i tested mel6 over and over. did the
bars in the boiling water with extreme care and exact
weight.  brand new digital scale.
ron would call me a poop if i did follow his instructions.

if you want to sell pots, it helps to make them to not
shiver. those little glass chips caught in the throat makes
customers crabby.

website: www.melpots.com