[Clayart] role of P2O5 in ceramic glaze

Hank Murrow hmurrow at efn.org
Fri Jan 17 10:25:22 EST 2020

Dear Paul;

Since 1958 in my first ceramics class at the U of oregon, i learned to do the glaze calculations with a slide rule, and found that considering materials in that way useful. Since the development of calculation programs, it has gotten easier and more informative.

Since I added the Currie Grid Tile regime to my inquiry, I find all sorts of glaze I never would have considered before. Both calculation and grid tiles are great tools, especially in the absence of analysis. YMMV of course!

Cheers, Hank in Eugene