[Clayart] Titanium analysis

James Miner woodfirejim at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 15:19:22 EST 2020

If the white titanium was nearly 40% Mg and Si, neither of which was
present in ilmenite as per Edouard's analysis, is it fair to say that
someone "added" them to the titanium?  Is there any honest justification
for doing so, such as a particular industrial application that does not
require higher purities?

I recently got a batch of red iron oxide that did not perform as usual...it
was a dull reddish gray brown in color.  I suspect someone added some kind
of red clay or other inert material to the RIO.  The dealer took it back
without question, happily.