[Clayart] being a chemist

ronroy at ca.inter.net ronroy at ca.inter.net
Sun Jan 19 13:36:09 EST 2020

But don't be afraid of understanding - it leads to innovation and
makes the process so much more enjoyable. I remember the point at
which I suddenly realized just how much even a little understanding
made making pots so much more interesting.

Even reading a little once in a while adds so much more pleasure to
the process. We all have had that feeling - when throwing - of "where
did the time go? Well that's what happens when you read about clay and
glazes.

An example - the blue colour in a chun blue glaze does not come from
cobalt or iron but from the size of the bubbles in the glaze that
reflect blue light because of their size.

RR

Ron Roy
ronroy at ca.inter.net
Web page ronroy.net