[Clayart] confessions of a bucket lover

mel jacobson melpots at mail.com
Thu Jan 23 17:52:22 EST 2020

dear clayart.  thread about pickle smell.
i know, this email/thread will cause a great deal of suffering
among bucket collectors.  i know i am a bad person, but, i cannot
help myself...i love new buckets...all orange, and black and green.
brand new, with tight fitting covers.  i love them.
so,
here it goes, my confession.  I BUY THEM NEW.
i know, pick yourselves up off the floor.  I BUY THEM NEW.
NO STINK, NO CRACKED OR BROKEN ONES.  THE COVER IS THE SAME
COLOR AS THE BODY.  I MARK THE SIDES WITH OIL BASED CRAYON.

ANY OF THE BIG BOX HARDWARE STORES SELL THEM. A FEW BUCKS.
they have wonderful three gallon paint buckets too.
and, if you are really a heretic, you can order a dozen of them
on amazon at a very good price. an entire dozen. new, clean, wonderful.
so, there you have it.

you can even deduct the price on your taxes. supply line item.
ok, i feel better now.
with love to all.
mel
one other thing...when my tools get old and broken, i throw them out.
i make new, shiny tools. i even bought new brick for the door of my kiln.
you know, those bricks that you piece together from four broken bricks...gone.
new k2300's.  they make me shudder with glee. an entire case. new.

website: www.melpots.com