[Clayart] Best clay for outdoor sculpture

Alice DeLisle wanderland at att.net
Fri Jan 31 11:17:45 EST 2020

Peter King’s recipe for outdoor sculpture and tile is 1/3 EPK, 1/3 fire clay, 1/3 medium grog. He fires to cone 6. Shrinkage is around 10%. It is based on and passes the test that Val Cushing wrote about. I have used the clay quite a bit for making tile and some pretty large pieces. Look at Peter’s web site to see the kind of work that he has made with it. If you haven’t seen it before, you will be bowled over.

Alice

Alice DeLisle

wanderland at att.net
https://www.facebook.com/IslandTexturesAliceDeLisle/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/alice_delisle/sets/

"Not all those who wander are lost…" – J.R.R.Tolkien