[Clayart] CLAY LINED BASKETS

David Woof woofpots at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 1 18:44:39 UTC 2021

I think Vince mentioned this; but it bears repeating, that in the initial forming without aid of the potter's wheel the hand formed vessel's round bottom was hand turned in a corresponding depression in the dirt, or as in Native American Southwest pottery the beginning hand-built form nested its round bottom in a "puki" fabricated of grasses, reeds. or hides.
This is not a theory, as in because "we weren't there" but because many modern folks are still following the ancient ways of the ancestors.

Mel did make a "we weren't there" observation that has far back in time implications regarding Theories that many now attempt to present as scientific fact.                                                                                                                                                                                                  Folks what's wrong with a bit of Mystery to add value to our Mastery.
Must we "know" everything ancient as a certainty to revel in our existence in this time and place.!!!

As usual Snail gives concise information and reasoning on the merits of round bottoms in the presence of uneven heating....see below.

My Muse wants me to fabricate a "puki" for her delightfully small but round Bottom........Oh My!!!!!!...what will she think of next????? This could take a while!!!!

Misneach,
David Woof.........Knowledge of lasting value must be preceded by Awe...............................