[Clayart] pugmills

William Schran wschran at twc.com
Thu Aug 5 12:58:05 UTC 2021

I use a Bluebird 440s de-airing that I bought used.It is aluminum
barrel but I use for reclaiming stoneware.Works well but small hopper
and does not seal up to keep residual clay from drying if not used on
regular basis.
When teaching I bought two Peter Puggers.We had a VPM20 aluminum
barrel for stoneware.A VPM9-SS, stainless steel for porcelain.Both
were de-airing.Wonderful machines, got lots of use recycling
reclaim.Hopper was big and served as a mixing chamber and pug mill, so
one could add amendments to the clay and mix before pugging.These
machines could be easily sealed up to prevent clay from drying between
use.
Bill

William Schranwschran at twc.com703-505-1617

Badenhorst"