[Clayart] nice deck sale

mel jacobson melpots at mail.com
Tue Aug 31 11:50:51 UTC 2021

It was very encouraging to have so many people
come to my deck and buy pots last weekend. It was
a marvelous sale.  As, is always important, the weather
was good.

One fellow bought all my shino pots. He was totally taken
with the new glaze with soda ash black rims, red and blue
accents. So, he bought them all. I think he took 35 in two
large boxes.  That does not happen every day.

I tried a new system. I put a large price sheet on the wall.
general prices for mugs, bowls and plates and teapots. size mattered.
I let the customer figure out what they owed me. Most wrapped their own
pots. Stuck money in a jar.  I ran the credit card machine/square.
There was a great deal of laughing and hooting. It is fun to try other
systems, and it encourages my customers to come and have fun while
buying pots. It took 15 minutes to reshelf the unsold pots.
mel

website: www.melpots.com
www.melpots.com/CLAYART.HTML