[Clayart] Glaze durability discussion

Madeleine Hall-Arber arber at mit.edu
Mon Feb 8 14:08:55 UTC 2021

 Thank you, Ron and Lou! Although still fairly opaque to me, I appreciate the opportunity to stretch my understanding of glaze durability.  After a quick look, absurdly, since I know so little, it seems to offer an explanation of why some glazes that seem durable and well-fitting, eventually corrode under the influence of dishwashers' heat and soap chemicals--not that it says so directly, but that's what I guess.

I wanted to note that while the Clayart message notes that it has scrubbed  the attachments, there is usually a "hot link" that you can click on and see whatever it is that has been "scrubbed"!  I was able to download the review, a couple of articles and Ron's follow-up questions with Lou's responses.

Madeleine

Madeleine Hall-Arber
Madeleine’s Mud Pie Studio