[Clayart] How clayart works/read please

mel jacobson melpots at mail.com
Tue Feb 9 12:55:16 UTC 2021

'As March draws near, I take the opportunity to let new
folks know what we are, what we do, and how we pay the bills.

we have had a large number of new folks joining
clayart this Covid season.  it is time to bring people up
to speed as to how we operate.

clayart began years ago as an online, email only
Q&A with a very strong base of senior potters and
chemists, and fine doctors that could answer most
any question a person would have related to ceramics and toxicity.
but, saying that, often people with painful bone or tendon
issues ask us for help.  it is more than likely, we can help from our own experiences.

the base group has grown and we feel it is very hard
to stump clayart.  we often vary in our final answers
but, we do get to the bottom of most issues.

we are not political (at least we try)  we frown about
too much information that is `personal`...and the most
important thing...WE MODERATE. all posts go through
me, at my home...and i have a very low tolerance for
stupidity. my delete button has the word "ASS" taped to it.

in most cases i can spot trolls and idiots that drink to
much in the dead of night.  once spotted, i can deal
quickly with them.

because of workshops and NCECA meetings many of
us are really good friends.  we actually know each other,
have sat down for a drink or a meal and that makes
for great discussions on clayart. trust is a big issue.

now and then,there are sub groups that have each others email address
and may plot and make trouble.  you know,  group
snarks.  but, we also know most of them and since we moderate
that sort of thing can get stuffed.

there is never a cost for clayart.  it is all free will.  we do ask
for donations several times a year....like pbs, it is give what
you can.  there is a PAYPAL app on my clayart web page..click below.
or, check, money to my home address...that is there too.

Arnold Howard is our backup, or go to
entity. Bill Schran and Dannon Rhudy are sounding boards
for clayart.  we provide the isp company that makes this all work.
it is housed in Australia, and has not failed us once.

Mel Jacobson owns clayart and has it as an LLC.  we are
protected from scams, idiots and freaks.  we take this job
very seriously.  i have moderated for twenty four years, several times
a day...365 days a year. I have not missed a day on clayart in many years.
that is a real commitment. and, as i say, doing it is one thing, paying for
it totally is not welcome.

the small amount of money collected, pays for a very high speed
internet system, and a great home made computer with all SSD drives
that keeps on going every day. ( a brand new one now graces
my knee here, living at my farm in Wisconsin, with
new Fiber Optic cable. (that made a dent in my check book for sure.

I will send reminders as the month ends.

SO, IF YOU WANT TO GIVE A DONATION, JUST CLICK BELOW
AND SEND WHAT YOU CAN.  IF YOU ARE STINK/N RICH, SEND
WHAT YOU CAN...WE DO LOVE AND APPRECIATE KEEPING CLAYART
ALIVE AND WELL.
    mel jacobson

website: www.melpots.com
www.melpots.com/CLAYART.HTML