[Clayart] Reclaiming 30 lbs of clay

vpitelka at dtccom.net vpitelka at dtccom.net
Sat Jul 10 20:34:15 UTC 2021

Hi Bonnie -
Let it all get bone-dry, then immerse it in lots of water in plastic buckets lined with plastic bags.  Let it sit overnight and then decant off all water from the top.  Let it sit until it stiffens to reasonable throwing consistency, pull it out by the bag, skin off the bag, and run it through your pugmill.  If you are in more of a hurry, once you skim off the water you can mound it up in rows on plastic sheeting and let it stiffen to plastic consistency.  It will be more variable in stiffness that way, but you have a pugmill.
- Vince

Vince Pitelka
Potter, Writer, Teacher
Chapel Hill, NC