[Clayart] Porcelain

mel jacobson melpots at mail.com
Mon Jul 12 11:53:53 UTC 2021

Thank you Ric for that wonderful history lesson.
Porcelain was the most expensive item ever sold.
It was sought by kings.

It would be like comparing a new Porche with a model T ford and
say..."they are both cars. Just the same".

When you have held "Ming Porcelain" in your hands, seen the translucency
of light, the depth of white to blue green, mmm, nice pot.

Some will say..."old fogey talk".  But, this old fogey has been around,
seen it, felt it, lived it. Ric and I met in China, at the heart of
Porcelain. It means a great deal to both of us. I love the idea of cone 15.

I make Model T pots. They hold water, and the thousands of pots I have made
will get in line with history with those that love clay.

It is the reason I push the handle of my walker pug mill, hard work. But, when
that clay comes out, I had a great deal to do with what and how it fires. It was
not from a box, or jar.  And when I opened that kiln the other day I could say.
`my clay, my glaze, my kiln, my firing style.` And, the cone pack blew up, and
I had to fire that kiln with my eyes, nose and ears. It was a perfect cone 11.
mel

website: www.melpots.com
www.melpots.com/CLAYART.HTML