[Clayart] Reclaiming 30 lbs of clay

Michael Wendt mwendt at wendtpottery.com
Tue Jul 13 01:12:40 UTC 2021

Hi Bonnie
I am a heretic, I know, but I would throw the clay away and buy new, fresh
clay since the time we spend trying to capture and re-use scrap is a lot of
work. I am set up with screening equipment, a 15 HP 2200 LB/Hr vacuum
de-airing pug mill, a giant ribbon mixer for batching plus a 50 LB/batch
de-airing ribbon mixer and I still toss scrap because it invariably has
picked up debris which causes defects.
One or two perfect pots will pay for a lot of fresh new clay.
Your time is better spent throwing, decorating and firing wares.
Regards,
Michael Wendt