[Clayart] Reclaiming 30 lbs of clay

kathi at lesueurclaywork.com kathi at lesueurclaywork.com
Tue Jul 13 21:11:46 UTC 2021

I have never had a problem with my scrap clay. It is some of the best throwing clay I use. I usually have two scrap buckets going. One that my trimmings go into to dry  out.  The other has clay that has already dried. My throwing water goes into that bucket. It sits for two weeks while the water evaporates of a little and then goes onto old kiln shelves to dry enough to pug. It takes just a little care to see that debris doesn’t fall into the bucket. I would estimate that I process at least 1000# of scrap every year.  That’s a lot of money to throw away.

Kathi LeSueur

Sent from my iPad