[Clayart] Reclaiming 30 lbs of clay

Hank Murrow hmurrow at efn.org
Wed Jul 14 17:03:02 UTC 2021

Well, I do much the same with my scrap, and when I get enough slaking in a 30 gallon tub, I add some vinegar and blunge it until smooth and creamy, and put it in heavy Dacron bags made of

Filter cloth and hang them from the rafters in my studio, where they hang for the two to four days it takes to firm up enough for wedging. I get about 300#s of superb throwing clay from this	recycling.

Double bagged, they rest until I need the clay for my next round of making. Best clay ever!

Hank in Eugene