[Clayart] sad news

vpitelka at dtccom.net vpitelka at dtccom.net
Thu Jul 15 01:49:37 UTC 2021

Hi Lois -
This is very sad news.  Jean took a number of my workshops, and always added so much to the dynamic.  That's the way she was.  She brought so much to any group dynamic.  After she moved out to Bellingham, Michael McDowell and I got together with her for dinner a number of times, often at the Boundary Bay brewpub.  Jean was always such fun, but had uncompromising standards of interpersonal behavior.  Few people know of her critical role in the early days of SFPN - the Strictly Functional Pottery National organized out of Lancaster, PA, where Jean used to live.  Jean and her late husband took one of my early workshops at Michael McDowell's studio in Ferndale, WA.  He was having health problems at the time, but he too was delightful, and I am glad I got to know him a bit.  I will miss Jean.  I will miss everything about her.
- Vince

Vince Pitelka
Potter, Writer, Teacher
Chapel Hill, NC