[Clayart] reclaiming 30 lbs of clay

Carolyn Curran cncpots2 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 16:00:46 UTC 2021

Michael,    Does the scrap clay end up in  landfill?  While clay is
normally  innocuous and comes from the ground originally, clay still has
bulk,  and our landfills are at the bursting point .   We potters are not
just unselfish purveyors of wonderful pots  but  we are often the  ones
doing harm to the environment  in a variety of ways.    Not being sinless
in this respect,  I can't cast the first stone....even if my main focus has
been miniature pottery over the last 50 years or so!

Carolyn