[Clayart] A Blauuw kiln

mel jacobson melpots at mail.com
Fri Jul 23 12:45:04 UTC 2021

An American Clay center spent about $60,000 on a new Blauuw Kiln
so they could attract the brightest and best clay artists in the
world to teach for them. Push the button, cone 10 reduction.

The "New Wave" of clay artists do not "do kilns, clay or glaze"
It is about "statements".

I threw up.

It reminds me of a calligraphy exhibit with all the work done with stencils,
or a quilt show that all the quilts are made in China for the artist.

I know I am old, and don't "get it".  Why did I spend the last month trying
to make beautiful pots??? Oh, and I actually did make many of them.
A new glaze layering system to create "Celestial glaze".  purple, red blue
and violet.  (see facebook, and I will add a pix to my webpage later today.)

So, I will make a "statement".  I know a great deal about ceramics, I can make clay
that is mine, glaze that is mine, and fire it in a kiln I built with my ideas of
"Beauty".  Shame on me.
Mel

website: www.melpots.com
www.melpots.com/CLAYART.HTML