[Clayart] A blauuw kiln

Timothy See timseeclay at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 23 19:19:44 UTC 2021

Another version of a programable kiln this just happens to be gas. Yeah it’s expensive and there are a lot of things that make it easy to use (or harder I’d bet if anything goes wrong) but what at all does that have to do with the work going on and the work coming out.
Any of us could make our own kiln and clay and glaze and wheel and so on and spend a tremendous amount of time doing so but if boring crappy work goes in crappy boring work comes out.
Knowing a lot about ceramics does. It mean anyone’s work will set the world on fire. You have consistently taken issue with the newer generation taking advantage of systems that allow them to explore paths in clay that were not available 20 years ago.
No one in this new generation is shaming any of the old guard for making glazes or making their own clay or building their own kiln. Can you blame them though if they were cold though with posts and comments like this?
What did building your own kiln get you for instance? Better yet what did it do for the work?

Sent from my iPhone