[Clayart] Mel loves Blauuw kilns

kathi at lesueurclaywork.com kathi at lesueurclaywork.com
Sat Jul 24 02:59:28 UTC 2021

Like Mel, I love experimenting with glazes. I, also, like to save money. I was stunned when I saw a five gallon bucket of shiny blue “dipping glaze” for $290 at a MI clay supplier. I came how and calculated how much my most expensive glaze would cost for a five gallon bucket. $22. I took a load of abuse on a Facebook group when I asked why anyone would pay that much when they could mix it themselves. There are lots of good blue cone 6 recipes put there. With just the cost of a few of those buckets I could buy 50# bags of my basic chemicals, #5 of colorants and opacifier, and the gram scale to weigh them on. I offered to teach anyone who cared how to mix glaze. No takers. I guess others have far more money than me.

Kathi Lesueur

Sent from my iPad