[Clayart] clay, the life style

Robert Harris robertgharris at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 19:39:53 UTC 2021

Many good points. We all have to make pots that are true to ourselves and
that is probably influenced by our surroundings more than anything else.
(And our surroundings during our childhood second).

One nitpick. Oldest craft? Not by a long shot. Try leatherworking,
woodworking and flintknapping (stonework in general) first. And probably
basketweaving too. We clothed, sheltered, hunted and fed ourselves way
before we fired clay... come to think of it, surely cooking is a craft!