[Clayart] clay, the life style

vpitelka at dtccom.net vpitelka at dtccom.net
Thu Jul 29 21:40:22 UTC 2021

Well-said, Paul.  When I had Railroad Stoneware in Blue Lake, CA and was doing high-production, unloading the kiln became a common routine, and I would be greatly disappointed if there were one or two defective pieces in that 100-cubic-foot kiln.  My love of making and firing pots had suffered greatly.  I quickly recovered it in grad school, and ever since, opening a glaze firing has always been exciting.  Opening a bisque is still pretty ordinary and predictable.
- Vince

Vince Pitelka
Potter, Writer, Teacher
Chapel Hill, NC