[Clayart] Assistant Professor of Ceramics postion open

David McBeth dmcbethme at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 21:25:31 UTC 2021

Greetings friends - I want to share with this community that there is a
wonderful opportunity opening up for a tenure-track assistant professor of
ceramics in beautiful northwest Tennessee.  After 35 years of teaching, 30
of those at the University Tennessee at Martin I am calling it quits. I am
ready to spend more time with family and in my studio firing my work,
teaching all levels of undergraduate ceramics; sculpture and 3D design are
also part of the load. Additional skills in jewelry, enameling, welding and
fibers arts would be a plus. (I am the only 3D studio person on the
faculty) This semester I am teaching Ceramics I and II, Sculpture I and II,
Fibers I and II and Jewelry.  My spring semester will be Ceramics I and II,
Clay Sculpture I and II, Fibers I and II and 3D design.  The advanced
courses are almost always taught concurrent with the intro courses.  Likely
I will need to add Senior research in 3D studio in the spring also.  It has
been a great run but it is time to turn the program over to some else.  I
would be happy to reply to questions about the position.

For application information go to the University's HR site at...
https://www.utm.edu/departments/personnel/fac_emp.php

thanks and help spread the word please,
David

--

*David McBethProfessor of Art*
*Cunningham Teacher/Scholar*

*UTAA Distinguished Service ProfessorDepartment of Visual and Theatre
ArtsUniversity of Tennessee - Martin731-881-7416*