[Clayart] glazing questions/

John Rodgers jrodgers113 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 22:13:43 UTC 2021

David, I should have mentioned the finger dip. It does tell you much.
Although I don't generally use it on glazes, I sure do in slips. Lots of
flocculation/deflocculation in slips. As opposed to Darvan or other, I much
prefer sodium silicate and magnesium sulfate to control the flocculating
process in slips. I will say the Darvan is more forgiving than the
silicate. You can make a mess quickly with the silicate.