[Clayart] chrome pink makes me laugh

mel jacobson melpots at mail.com
Mon Oct 11 00:59:09 UTC 2021

I had a variation of Rhodes 32 with cobalt and chrome.  nice blue green.
I kept a 30 gallon vat of rhodes 32 white as a base glaze.
I was double dipping a big batch of pots in the white and bl/green and
all of sudden my base white was soft pink.  Ghastly pink.  That was during
the tan and blue time of life....earthy.  Folks thought I had gone bonkers.
So
twenty gallons of chrome contaminated glaze became backyard fertilizer.*

*today I would have made it into a deep green...but, what did i know.??
mel
website: www.melpots.com
www.melpots.com/CLAYART.HTML