[Clayart] old cones

Arnold Howard arnoldhoward at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 13:38:46 UTC 2021

A few days ago, a customer came to my house with a used kiln she had just purchased. I’ll have to write a kiln story about it later. The kiln was in the back of her truck.

One of the cone supports was covered with a blob that had once been a cone. It looked like a thick coating of glaze. The cone had stuck to the supports, which prevented the weight from dropping.

Before each firing, pull out the cone supports and examine the kiln wash. The coating should be thin and without cracks. Wipe off and reapply if necessary from a tiny finger nail polish bottle.

Sincerely,
Arnold Howard

Sent from my iPhone