[Clayart] old cones

paul gerhold gerholdclay at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 23:02:49 UTC 2021

I have never r, in thousands of firings, used kiln wash on the cone supports. If, when I remove a bent cone after a firing it sticks slightly I just take the supports and clean them. Of course my setter is adjusted so the cones do not bend too far and I don't leave a kiln unattended for any significant amount of time near the end of the firing.

If a cone is really melting enough to stick to the supports I would guess for some reason the rod is not moving freely and the kiln is actually firing significantly higher than the kiln would indicate.

Paul

Sent from my iPad