[Clayart] an electric kiln experience

Taylor Hendrix wirerabbit2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 15:37:16 UTC 2021

Kiln maintenance is for sure a must with electric kilns. I used to love the
old Paragon I purchased second hand. Three 4-position switches, kiln sitter
with timer. So easy to maintain. Purchased a second hand L&L computer
controlled kiln and was very happy to not have to take the walk out to the
studio at 2 am for the final turn up.

That L&L is going strong in the new studio after having 3 feet of water
over it from Harvey. I replaced the board and that was it! The relays were
all below the water line but are doing their job. I've heard stories of
relays being such fragile things, going out on a whim and others that
lasted for the life of the kiln. Hmm. This tells me relays are mysterious
creatures who do not give up their secrets easily. Best to replace them on
a regular basis if this is your day job.

Taylor, near Jeddo TX
wirerabbit1 on Skype (-0600 UTC)
@mrwireabbit on instagram
https://www.facebook.com/Wirerabbit.Pottery/