[Clayart] ELECTRIC KILNS

Robert Harris robertgharris at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 15:45:22 UTC 2021

I agree, Vince, he did seem happy. I can't remember if it was in that video
(the author has several, and for a while a website, whose name I can't
remember), but that oilspot glaze is still made from a couple of natural
clays dug in the area. It's nice to see pots that still have a real
connection to their long history, even if they are using modern kilns
(which I'm sure reduces the failure rate), and a little more sadly,
jiggering. Both of which are probably necessary to make a sufficient living
these days. And they're definitely "family" factories, not real mass
production.

Robert