[Clayart] an electric kiln experience

vpitelka at dtccom.net vpitelka at dtccom.net
Sat Oct 16 22:43:57 UTC 2021

Hi Arnold -
Please don't get electrocuted.
- Vince

Vince Pitelka
Potter, Writer, Teacher
Chapel Hill, NC
vpitelka at dtccom.net
www.vincepitelka.com
https://chathamartistsguild.org/

-----Original Message-----
From: Clayart <clayart-bounces at lists.clayartworld.com> On Behalf Of Arnold Howard
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 8:10 AM
To: Clayart international pottery discussion forum <clayart at lists.clayartworld.com>
Subject: Re: [Clayart] an electric kiln experience

Electric kilns are hardy—even the rusty, flooded ones.

I received a mild shock from a kiln that had been left out in the rain. It was on a back porch. I had to crouch under a big electric cable to get to the porch from the driveway. The cable supplied electricity for the backyard workshop and was draped over the gate to the backyard. The owner had done her own wiring.

Another kiln in the workshop had been abused. Kiln parts and tools were scattered on the floor amidst old car seats, shelves, and power saws.

Sincerely,
Arnold Howard

Sent from my iPhone