[Clayart] david the self driving car

Dorothy Parshall dorothyp at whidbey.com
Mon Oct 18 15:48:30 UTC 2021

My sons were born in 59 and 63. I read Spock but remember little of what he was on about. I went by the wisdom of my father and raised my sons as I had been raised. And their children have been mostly raised the same way — and 2 great grands pretty much the same. I suppose books have been, and are still, written about where parenting went off the track - probably  a few thousand years ago, or more. We just have an increasingly huge population of people whose forbears never learned how… to do a lot of things! The world changes daily; Stephen Pinker in The Better Angels of our Nature, complete with an incredible number of footnotes, asserts that humans have, in general, improved over the centuries. Hard to believe, but we need to focus more on those who are doing a good job and on giving more supports to those who have failed to choose the better parents.   Not every wannabe potter is blessed with a great teacher either!

Dorothy Parshall