[Clayart] maybe I was misunderstood

David Woof woofpots at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 27 05:48:33 UTC 2021

Mel I so relate,

Zen and the art of tree house building!!!
I'm designing and gathering materials to build a tree house (for my Muse) overlooking the river about 400 feet down river from the boat dock.  The river at major flood stage flows just under the floor decking on the Catwalk which rises 10 feet above the ground level before stairs at far end descend to the dock ramp.

I'm welcome to borrow a laser transit from contractor friends, and shoot a line at a marked target pole at the intended tree house site.
But......so much more satisfying to my spirit.........you guessed it...clamp a 36-inch carpenter's level to a vertical catwalk support leg,  adjust elevation for bubble level and sight along its top rail at my target pole.   A bit of simple math and my tree house floor will be set at 3 feet above the highest historical flood stage.

I often wonder if our Aunt Nut Meg was serious when she told us that she might actually be our mother and that maybe she wasn't so nuts after all to give us different fathers! <);>0)==[=====<

Misneach,