[Clayart] AUTOMATION -

kathi at lesueurclaywork.com kathi at lesueurclaywork.com
Fri Sep 10 00:36:49 UTC 2021

I don’t object to the clay stamps and rollers that people use. It is how they use them. It seems those tools only become a problem when they are sold by ceramics suppliers. What is the difference between using a gear from a toy for texture or a wood roller from a ceramics supplier that looks nearly the same. I used the top grill of my studio heater to roll out clay and then smash it into a handle. When I replaced the heater I kept that grill. A friend who does whimsical clay took a roller I use, roller it onto a piece of clay cut out a shape, rolled that up, fired it and now had his own unique roller. We all have found things to make texture on clay with. The creative part is how we use them.

Kathi LeSueur

Sent from my iPad