[Clayart] old cones

Robert Harris robertgharris at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 20:26:54 UTC 2021

I would recommend a zircopax wash for this. We use an expensive, but very
useful one that is 40g Zircopax to 10g Glomax (calcined kaolin).

Orton claim they have 50 year old cones that they have tested and are
absolutely fine. Of course I'm sure they keep them indoors somewhere that
is more or less climate controlled. If you keep them in a damp or humid (or
worse cycling between the two) shed for 20 years, then I imagine all bets
are off.