[Clayart] kiln wash

William Schran wschran at twc.com
Mon Sep 27 19:58:35 UTC 2021

Have used this kiln wash for many years with good success.I stopped
weighing out ingredients to save time.One scoop (use whatever size
scoop you want) Alumina Hydrate, 1/2 scoop Kaolin (I use EPK but any
kaolin will do), 1/2 scoop Calcined Kaolin (I calcine mine in bisqued
bowl in a bisque firing).Mix with water to whole milk
consistency.Apply with cheap 4" paint roller, 2 coats, each coat in
opposite direction.
On my Advancer shelves, I simply dust with alumina.

Bill

William Schranwschran at twc.com703-505-1617