[Clayart] Crystals

Deborah Thuman debthuman at zianet.com
Mon Sep 27 20:03:08 UTC 2021

I got to thinking. I do that now and again. I took a geology class a year ago and learned that fast cooling makes micro crystals and slow cooling makes macro crystals. Quartz is one of those fascinating igneous minerals that does wild stuff. Amethyst is quartz. Quartz can be clear. Quartz can be opaque…. Anyone here ever experimented with using quartz in a glaze?  Not just silicon dioxide, but ground up quartz? What happens if you use ground up amethyst in a glaze?

Deb Thuman
debthuman at zianet.com
DebThumanArt.com
https://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/deb_thuman

You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists.

Abbie Hoffman