[Clayart] sawdust instead of straw in primitive kiln

Carolyn Curran cncpots2 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 17:11:44 UTC 2022

My inarticulate bad.   Sorry I confused you.  I intended to add  sawdust
IN  the clay body along with vermiculite or perlite and grog...sort of a
paper clay situation, since straw and sawdust both  have cellulose.  I
would probably wet it so there won't be particles flying through air.
With my  COPD and chronic bronchitis,  I  don't think I'd play with a
sawdust firing, although we have a trash can with holes here that was
probably used in that way.  (Heck,  I only use   non toxic iiquid
combustibles  for any raku..have a bottle of
high test  Everclear booze for the purpose, use sparingly at bottom of
combustion chamber..  I have had great success with the alcohol with small
scale work in  old Aim test kiln with one vase almost 8" tall which was
super unique in  subtle coloration. It is still a  big favorite.   Carolyn)