[Clayart] sawdust instead of straw in primitive kiln

David Woof woofpots at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 4 02:22:25 UTC 2022

Spot on Robert,

I would add that sculptural work "can" display interesting surfaces due to the pitted
nature of the sawdust burnout.
Judicious staining "may" also work to enliven the pitted raw surface.
As will subsequent "possibly" masked and glazed areas in subsequent firing. (Multiple firings perhaps)

Sometimes it's better not to know anything, and have serious fun with the risked outcome. Trip over our own egos and tumble into Ceramic Wonderland.
Ask Alice when she's 10 feet tall.

Misneach,
Woof