[Clayart] Cow paddys

Hank Murrow hmurrow at efn.org
Fri Apr 8 02:20:16 UTC 2022

Hello Group;

Back when I was a student in the 60s at the U of Oregon, we visited the Monroe Brickyards some 20 miles north of Eugene to see a firing in their brick clamps, which had fireboxes along the length of the clamp where zinc-shavings from a machine shop were tossed into the fireboxes to‘glaze' the nearest bricks, giving them a metallic grey sheen, and they were clever in stacking those brick for best effect. Got a premium price for those, they did.

Cheers, Hank in Eugene